Canton, MI 48187
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Gil-Mar Manufacturing is currently looking for a Maintenance Helper to join our team in Canton, MI. For over 35 years, Gil-Mar has provided steady, rewarding employment and career opportunities to our dedicated team members. We deliver high quality machining, fabrication, welding and other manufacturing services to our customers in the military and automotive industries.
Current shift available: 1st shift – Monday – Thursday – 6:00 AM – 4:15 PM (Friday and Saturday with opportunities for overtime)
Pay starts at $15.00+ excellent benefits (We offer monthly reviews with potential increases in pay and profit sharing).
General Summary: The Maintenance Helper will perform routine and extensive preventive maintenance procedures on all production machinery. Assists in various maintenance department functions and tasks as needed and necessary.
- Check refract levels on all machines and adjust accordingly daily.
- Check inline pneumatic oilers, add oil as needed daily.
- Pull filter screens on coolant tanks and clean daily.
- Check coolant levels and fill as needed.
- Suck out old coolant, clean tank, and replace as necessary.
- Responsible for the organization of the coolant and water fill lines as to not being trip hazards.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the coolant vacuum, and emptying as needed.
- Any other tasks the maintenance department sees necessary to conserving the integrity of the machinery.
Gil-Mar employees are expected to contribute to a safe workplace. This means we are all able to:
- Be on time and ready for work
- Treat our work, our customers and our co-workers with respect
- Pass a drug test
- Follow directions
- Disconnect from phones and personal electronics Be willing to work hard and learn new skills
- Contribute to our team environment
Excellent benefits after 90 calendar days!
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Community– No monthly deductions and a low deductible
- Dental – No monthly deductible
- 401 K – With company match
- Short-term disability
- Paid Time Off
Working Conditions: Industrial Plant setting. Continuous exposure to noise. Safety protection is required. Must wear safety shoes, safety glasses, hearing protection and work in a safe manner at all times. Must strive for continuous improvement.